The Excelsior district is a vibrant neighborhood located in San Francisco, bordered by other communities such as Bernal Heights, Portola, Crocker Amazon, Mission Terrace, and Visitacion Valley. The neighborhood is widely known as a family-friendly community with a very low-key, down-to-earth vibe, with colorful street murals, greasy-spoon diners, and sidewalks lined with corner stores and ethnic markets. While other communities around the Bay Area are undergoing a rapidly changing socio-economic climate, Excelsior is a neighborhood that has managed to keep its charming identity. It seems to be unaffected by the citywide overhaul caused by soaring rent prices and relocating long-time residents. Instead, the community has grown tighter, with block parties and special community events hosted frequently. Many of Excelsior’s residents also work in the area, coupled with commuters to Silicon Valley, giving the neighborhood a small-town and eclectic atmosphere, which is rare for a neighborhood within a metropolitan city. But Excelsior’s ability to retain its charming vibe isn’t the only thing great about the neighborhood – it’s also one of the most affordable places to live in as well, as it has one of the lowest average monthly rents in the entire city when it comes to 1-bedroom units. Getting around is easy as well, as the neighborhood offers convenient access to the 8, 14, 43, 54, and the Balboa Park BART. Real estate options and homes for sale in Excelsior Those looking for an ideal place to call home in Excelsior can choose from a wealth of superb real estate options. Buyers will be able to find stylish 1 to 3-bedroom condos and gorgeous single-family homes equipped with first-class features. Most of the homes offer a convenient lifestyle, as many of them provide easy access to shopping, restaurants, trendy bars and nightlife venues, Interstate 280, Highway 101, and BART stations. You’ll be able to find homes boasting a wide variety of superb features such as:
- Well-designed floor plans
- Spacious living and dining rooms
- Remodeled bathrooms with elegant fixtures
- Updated kitchens with high quality stainless steel appliances
- Dual pane windows, hardwood floors, and high ceilings
- Gorgeous master bedrooms with sweeping city views
- Tons of storage potential
Receive the highest dollar amount for your Excelsior listing, or receive the best guidance on how to get your offer accepted by hiring a seasoned real estate professional. Call me, Jeff Salgado, at 415.939.1039, or send me an email at jeff(at)jeffsalgado(dotted)com.Destinations, Activities, And Great Things To Do In Excelsior
- The Dark Horse Inn is an upscale gastro-pub that serves delicious home-style meals with smoked meats, house-made dressings and sauces, and scratch-baked desserts. Their incredibly tasty menu items are best enjoyed together with their wide selection of craft beers and expanding variety of the finest Northern California wines.
- Excelsior is home to several top-rated dining venues that will surely satisfy even those with the pickiest of palettes. Mentioning every single one within the neighborhood is next to impossible, so for starters, be sure to check out Calabria Bros sandwich shop and Taqueria Guadalajara, if you’re into Mexican cuisine.
- If you love spending time outdoors, Excelsior offers quick access to the 312-acre John McLaren Park, San Francisco’s second-largest park after the famous Golden Gate Park. Here, you’ll be able to find McNab Lake, the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater, a golf course, and over 7 miles of scenic walking trails surrounded by meadows and grassland and wetland habitats.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.